apply at swgc online 2024-2025
apply at swgc online 2024-2025
This page contains more information about applying online for SWGC 2024-2025.
- South West TVET College is one of South Africa’s largest technical and vocational education and training institutions. The mission of South West TVET College is to empower, inspire, and develop people by providing them with relevant practical skills that will allow them to achieve their lifelong dreams and goals, all while having a significant positive impact on the country’s socioeconomic development. The college’s vision is to be a Technical Vocational Education and Training College providing high-quality Vocational Education and Training. The college has six campuses: Dobsonville Campus, George Tabor Campus, Molapo Campus, Roodepoort Campus, Roodepoort West Campus, and Technisa Campus.
- South West TVET College provides financial assistance to prospective students who apply for bursaries. Prospective students who are South African citizens can also apply for NSFAS funding. Students are encouraged to apply for these bursaries in addition to the NSFAS funding if they are interested.
Information on Applications
For more information on our application and registration processes, please see the sections below:
- Application deadline: Applications are accepted all year.
- Application Fee: There is currently no application fee.
Before applying to South West TVET College, consider the following:
- The confirmation of the registration fee. Please keep in mind that application and registration fees are separate.
- Documentation Support: Each application must be accompanied by supporting documentation. A certified copy of the most recent results or qualification, as well as a certified copy of an identity document, must be submitted with completed application forms.
- If you have a disability or a chronic medical condition that requires you to seek special assistance from the College, please include a medical statement from a licensed physician.
- Keep in mind that you will need a special email address to apply online or on paper.
South West TVET College offers a wide range of courses to help students achieve the college’s mission of setting the standard for Technical Vocational Education and Training Colleges in the delivery of high-quality Vocational Education and Training. Prospective students are encouraged to take any courses they want.
- Business Studies NC(V)
- Engineering Studies NC(V)
- Utility Studies NC(V)
- Report 191/ Nated
- Learnership Programs
- Skills Programs
WHEN COMPLETING THE FORM, PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please read the following carefully before completing the form.
- All first-time applicants must fill out their forms completely before submitting them.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, both the applicant and his or her legal parent or guardian must sign the application form.
- To avoid delays with your application, please fill out the forms completely before submitting them. Answer all questions truthfully, and obtain the legal parent or guardian’s signature wherever necessary.
- Applications that are incomplete will be rejected or returned to the applicant.
- Please use block letters and black ink when writing.
- The application deadline will be announced by the College at the start of the relevant academic year or when the program is full, whichever comes first.