apply at swgc 2024-2025
apply at swgc 2024-2025
More information about applying online for SWGC 2024-2025 can be found on this page.
- South West TVET College is one of the largest technical and vocational education and training institutions in South Africa. South West TVET College’s mission is to empower, inspire, and develop people by providing them with relevant practical skills that will allow them to achieve their lifelong dreams and goals, while also having a significant positive impact on the country’s socioeconomic development. The vision of the college is to be a Technical Vocational Education and Training College that offers high-quality Vocational Education and Training. Dobsonville Campus, George Tabor Campus, Molapo Campus, Roodepoort Campus, Roodepoort West Campus, and Technisa Campus are the college’s six campuses.
- Prospective students who apply for bursaries at South West TVET College are given financial assistance. NSFAS funding is also available to prospective students who are South African citizens. If students are interested, they are encouraged to apply for these bursaries in addition to the NSFAS funding.
Information on Applications
Please see the sections below for more information on our application and registration processes:
- Application deadline: Applications are accepted all year.
- Application Fee: There is currently no application fee.
Before applying to South West TVET College, consider the following:
- The receipt for the registration fee. Please keep in mind that there are separate application and registration fees.
- Supporting Documents: Each application must be accompanied by supporting documentation. With completed application forms, a certified copy of the most recent results or qualification, as well as a certified copy of an identity document, must be submitted.
- Please include a medical statement from a licensed physician if you have a disability or a chronic medical condition that requires you to seek special assistance from the College.
- Keep in mind that you will need a special email address to apply online or on paper.
South West TVET College provides a diverse range of courses to its students in order to help them achieve the college’s mission of setting the standard for Technical Vocational Education and Training Colleges in the delivery of high-quality Vocational Education and Training. Prospective students are encouraged to enroll in any courses they desire.
- Business Studies NC(V)
- Engineering Studies NC(V)
- Utility Studies NC(V)
- Report 191/ Nated
- Learnership Programs
- Skills Programs
WHEN COMPLETING THE FORM, PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please read the following carefully before completing the form.
- All first-time applicants must complete their forms before submitting them.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, the application form must be signed by both the applicant and his or her legal parent or guardian.
- Please fill out the forms completely before submitting them to avoid any delays with your application. Answer all questions honestly, and obtain the legal parent or guardian’s signature wherever required.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected or returned to the applicant.
- When writing, please use block letters and black ink.
- The College will announce the application deadline at the start of the relevant academic year or when the program is full, whichever comes first.