Applying For Nsfas 2024-2025
Applying For Nsfas 2024-2025
Applying For Nsfas 2024-2025: Are you a South African student who needs financial aid for your tertiary institution, Apply for National Student Financial Aid Scheme(NSFAS) Bursary? The application for the 2024-2025 academic year is estimated to be open on 1 September and close on November 30, 2024. Therefore, those who want to apply for the NSFAS 2024 must submit an online application through the NSFAS website before the application deadline. Applicants must also make sure they have the required requirement before applying for the bursary. Kindly follow the simple steps below to apply online
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will require more information from you to process your application, so you need to provide the following supporting documents to ensure your application is successful.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online Bursary
You can fill out the NSFAS Online Application for 2024 on your computer, iPad, or any other smartphone. Make sure you have all of your supporting documentation and that you are eligible to apply before applying online. Continue the online application procedure if you meet the NSFAS Application criteria for 2024. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Visit the NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account. If you don’t know how to create, click HERE
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit
How to Check NSFAS Application Status
In order to check NSFAS Application Status, you must follow the simple steps below:
- Visit NSFAS Status website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, log in to myNSFAS account, if you don’t have one, create one. Click HERE
- Enter your User ID
- Type in the password you created during the application process.
- Click “Track Funding Progress” to check your NSFAS Application Status.
For more information on nsfas click here