free application universities in south africa 2024-2025
free application universities in south africa 2024-2025
The pursuit of a degree is among the most crucial actions that any young person may take to equip themselves with the abilities needed to succeed in any professional career. Universities are one of the major forces influencing the future because of how disruptive technology has made it necessary to have the requisite abilities. To get admitted to a university, you normally need to provide a working email account, a trustworthy mobile phone number, two scans of an identity document (often a passport or your grade 11 diploma), your most recent academic transcripts if you’re transferring from another school, and a fee. However, not all schools, especially those that are government-funded, demand a fee to apply for enrollment in any of their programs.
TOP SCHOOLS IN SOUTH AFRICA THAT ACCEPT FREE ONLINE APPLICATIONS
1. University Of South Africa (UNISA)
- The University of South Africa, which has the largest student body of any university in Africa, is attended by one-third of the country’s education students. UNISA, as it is known, enrolls more than 300,000 students, including visitors from 130 other countries. Unisa, a comprehensive university with about 9 faculties, offers academic and vocational programs, many of which have received international accreditation and have a substantial geographic presence, giving its students access to recognition and employment all over the world. The list of their faculties, also referred to as colleges, is provided below.
- Click here to access the Unisa online free application portal
2. University of Pretoria (UP)
- The Institution of Pretoria, which has nine campuses and a business school, is the top public research university in South Africa. They concentrate on academic programs and scientific pursuits that touch on fields like economic management, health sciences, humanities, theology, and law, among others. It has consistently produced exceptional research outputs that have won international praise as a research-based institution.
- Application to undergraduate studies for both local and international students after the University of Pretoria is fully online via an online application portal. And it is free!
3. University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- Since its founding in 2005, the University of Johannesburg, a public tertiary institution with over 50 000 students, including more than 3000 international students, has evolved into a diverse, inclusive, transformative, and collegial institution. With an emphasis on equality and human decency, UJ offers a well-balanced selection of academic and practical programs. The institution is proud to offer a wide range of courses in the fields of education, engineering, health science, law, pure science, and humanities, as well as in the fields of art, design, and architecture.
- Both a written application form and an online application can be used to apply to UJ. As an international student, your passport number is necessary in addition to a valid email address and South African identification in order to apply online.
4. Rhodes University (RU)
- One important characteristic that makes Rhodes University unique is its persistent pursuit of greatness. One of the nation’s oldest institutions, Rhodes has flourished in terms of academics, a remarkable rate of postgraduate research, and extracurricular activities. It is a public research university that is situated in the South African province of the Eastern Cape, in Grahamstown. The university has six faculties: humanities, business, law, science, education, and pharmacy. The academic year at Rhodes, a tiny, entirely residential university, runs in two semesters, the first from early February to early June, and the second from late July to late November. Visit this for information on the requirements and to apply for RU online.
5. Stellenbosch University (SU)
- One of the first institutions established in South Africa, Stellenbosch University is a public research university located in the town of Stellenbosch in the Western Cape region.
- The university’s goal is to maintain its position as a global leader in research and innovation with a major impact on South African society. The university’s vibrant, multiracial community is made up of more than 32,000 students, including international students from more than 100 different countries. SU released its vision 2040 in 2018. It aims to advance its core values to provide a transformative student experience, foster unity and partnership, encourage collaborative teaching and learning, conduct research for Impact, and position issues as an employer of choice.
- The Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities was signed by it as the first institution of higher learning in Africa. Arts, social science, pure science, agriscience, law, religion, economic and management science, engineering, military science, medicine and health science, and a business school are among the faculties offered by the universities.
- Application to Stellenbosch University can be done via this link.
6. University of Western Cape (UWC)
- Located in Bellville, the University of Western Cape is a public university. Cap City In 1960, South Africa University was founded. UWC operates in a rich and supportive atmosphere that is ideal for academic and research endeavors. Government of South Africa declares university exclusive to people of color. UWC may take pride in having a network of international partners that guarantees a flow of students and distinguished scholars from other nations to cooperate on significant projects.
7. Tshwane University Of Technology (TUT)
- Tshwane University of Technology is South Africa’s biggest residential higher education institution, with over 60,000 students. Three technikon—Technikon Northern Gauteng, Technikon North-West, and Technikon Pretoria—merged to form it.
- The Pretoria, Soshanguve, Ga-Rankuwa, Witbank (eMalahleni), Mbombela, and Polokwane campuses are among the six satellite campuses that make up TUT. The particular requirements and deadlines for admission vary from year to year; for additional details on the general and specific requirements, check this website.
8. University of Free State (UFS)
- Given its name, you may almost assume the program is free. This thriving educational institution is located in Bloemfontein, the seat of South Africa’s judiciary and the Free State. The 1904-founded UFS offers numerous undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business, as well as in management, education, health, law, the natural and applied sciences, the humanities, theology, and religion.
- Application to UFS is simply via their online application portal.
As a result, you must utilize the free university application in South Africa because this opportunity is always subject to modification.
cape town university of technology
south africa universities
university of mpumalanga online application 2024
nursing universities in south africa
online universities in south africa
public universities in south africa