free university application in south africa 2024-2025
free university application in south africa 2024-2025
One of the most important steps any young person should do to develop the skills necessary to succeed in any professional path progression is earning a degree. The disruptive nature of technology has made it essential to acquire the necessary skills, and universities are one of the main forces shaping the future. A valid email address, a reliable cell phone number, two scans of your identity document—usually a passport or your grade 11 final—your most recent academic transcripts if you’re transferring from another institution, and an application fee are typically needed in order to be admitted to a university. Not all institutions, particularly those that are government-funded, however, charge application fees for admission to any of their programs.
BEST UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA WITH FREE ONLINE APPLICATIONS
1. University Of South Africa (UNISA)
- A third of South Africa’s education students attend the University of South Africa, which is the largest university in all of Africa in terms of enrollment. Over 300,000 students attend UNISA, which goes by that name, including international students from 130 different nations. As a comprehensive university with approximately 9 faculties, Unisa provides academic and vocational programs, many of which have acquired international accreditation and have a significant geographic presence, offering its students recognition and employment around the world. The following is a list of their faculties, often known as colleges.
- Click here to access the Unisa online free application portal
2. University of Pretoria (UP)
- The Institution of Pretoria, which has nine campuses and a business school, is the top public research university in South Africa. They concentrate on academic programs and scientific pursuits that touch on fields like economic management, health sciences, humanities, theology, and law, among others. It has consistently produced exceptional research outputs that have won international praise as a research-based institution.
- Application to undergraduate studies for both local and international students after the University of Pretoria is fully online via an online application portal. And it is free!
3. University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- Since its founding in 2005, the University of Johannesburg, a public tertiary institution with over 50 000 students, including more than 3000 international students, has evolved into a diverse, inclusive, transformative, and collegial institution. With an emphasis on equality and human decency, UJ offers a well-balanced selection of academic and practical programs. The institution is proud to offer a wide range of courses in the fields of education, engineering, health science, law, pure science, and humanities, as well as in the fields of art, design, and architecture.
- Both a written application form and an online application can be used to apply to UJ. As an international student, your passport number is necessary in addition to a valid email address and South African identification in order to apply online.
4. Rhodes University (RU)
- One important characteristic that makes Rhodes University unique is its persistent pursuit of greatness. One of the nation’s oldest institutions, Rhodes has flourished in terms of academics, a remarkable rate of postgraduate research, and extracurricular activities. It is a public research university that is situated in the South African province of the Eastern Cape, in Grahamstown. The university has six faculties: humanities, business, law, science, education, and pharmacy. The academic year at Rhodes, a tiny, entirely residential university, runs in two semesters, the first from early February to early June, and the second from late July to late November. Visit this bfor information on the requirements and to apply for RU online.
5. Stellenbosch University (SU)
- One of the first institutions established in South Africa, Stellenbosch University is a public research university located in the town of Stellenbosch in the Western Cape region.
- The mission of Stellenbosch is to continue to be a leader in research and innovation that has a significant impact on South African society. Over 32,000 students, including international students from more than 100 nations, make up the university’s lively, multicultural community. Aiming to further its fundamental principles to deliver a transformative student experience, develop unity and partnership, promote collaborative teaching and learning, undertake research for Impact, and position issues as an employer of choice, SU published its vision 2040 in 2018.
- The Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities was signed by it as the first institution of higher learning in Africa. Arts, social science, pure science, agriscience, law, religion, economic and management science, engineering, military science, medicine and health science, and a business school are among the faculties offered by the universities.
- Application to Stellenbosch University can be done via this link.
6. University of Western Cape (UWC)
- Located in Bellville, the University of Western Cape is a public university. Cap City In 1960, South Africa University was founded. UWC operates in a rich and supportive atmosphere that is ideal for academic and research endeavors. Government of South Africa declares university exclusive to people of color. UWC may take pride in having a network of international partners that guarantees a flow of students and distinguished scholars from other nations to cooperate on significant projects.
7. Tshwane University Of Technology (TUT)
- With almost 60,000 students, Tshwane University of Technology is the largest residential higher education school in South Africa. It was created via the merger of three technikon: Technikon Northern Gauteng, Technikon North-West, and Technikon Pretoria.
- The Pretoria, Soshanguve, Ga-Rankuwa, Witbank (eMalahleni), Mbombela, and Polokwane campuses are among the six satellite campuses that make up TUT. The particular requirements and deadlines for admission vary from year to year; for additional details on the general and specific requirements, check this website.
8. University of Free State (UFS)
- You might almost assume the application is free given its name. The Free State’s and South Africa’s judicial capital, Bloemfontein, is home to this vibrant educational institution. UFS, which was founded in 1904, provides a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in economics, management, education, health, law, natural and applied sciences, the humanities, theology, and religion, as well as business.
- Application to UFS is simply via their online application portal.
As a result, since this chance is constantly subject to change, it is imperative that you take advantage of the free university application in South Africa.
cape town university of technology
south africa universities
university of mpumalanga online application 2024
nursing universities in south africa
online universities in south africa
public universities in south africa