New Nsfas Application 2024-2025
New Nsfas Application 2024-2025
New Nsfas Application 2024-2025: This website provides applicants with information about the new Nsfas application. New Nsfas applicants can apply for financial aid online through the Nsfas external link. The application is quick and easy to apply, and it is a helpful scheme that assists South African people with financial aid. NSFAS announced that there will be an opportunity for eligible students to apply for the 2024 academic year. Applications will be open for 2 weeks from 17 August 2024 until 3 September. Applicants must submit the application requirement below during the application and follow the steps below to apply immediately.
WHAT THE BURSARY COVER
Allowances for accommodation, transport, living allowance, and learning materials differ for Universities and TVET Colleges.
The allowances for University are as follows:
- Accommodation: As per the actual costs charged by the university, costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500 per annum
- Living allowance R15, of 000 per annum
- Book allowances R5200 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum for students in catered residences
The allowances for TVET colleges are as follows:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who qualifies for the New Nsfas Application?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING THE NEW APPLICATION PROCESS
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to apply for nsfas new application online
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
Nsfas application status
If you have not received a response to your application, you may be concerned about your chances of being approved. As an applicant, you can check the status of your application here to see if any responses have been received.