- Everything you require to know regarding the SRD grant’s SASSA status check, including the payment dates when it can be retrieved. The South African Social Security Agency, or SASSA, releases a schedule for the R350 Social Relief Grant Payment each month. This company has been entrusted with handling the distribution and provision of government support for the exclusive Covid-19 Social Relief benefit. Additionally, they are in charge of those who receive disability and child support grants.
SASSA Status Check
- You can check and get your R350 social grant payment using a variety of methods. See how to use the Moya App to check the SASSA status. Additionally, you can use WhatsApp or SMS on your phone to check your Sassa status.
Payment via Bank Account
- Receiving payments through your bank account is probably the easiest and fastest way to get the grant; you can also avoid standing in line at the post office in person. According to the grant application, the monthly payments will be made into the beneficiary’s bank account. Please be aware that in order to ensure that payments are made to the correct parties, the bank account information or mobile phone number provided for payment MUST be registered in the name of the approved applicant used in the Covid-19 R350 grant application process.
- People can pick up their grant money from Pick-N-Pay, Boxer, or Post Office branches (SAPO/Post Bank) if they don’t have any banking information. In addition, you could use a bank mobile money transfer (cash send option). Once you have received an SMS confirmation letting you know that payment has been confirmed, you can only collect the grant money. To view the SRD Grant Payment Dates for this week, use the table below.
What is my SASSA Status is Pending?
Unfortunately, a lot of people cannot get the R350 because their sassa status only shows as “pending” when they check it online. On June 1st, the official SASSA issued the following statement:
- Payments for the upcoming COVID-19 SRD grant cycle, which begins in April, will start to be made in mid-June.
- As soon as the bank details are confirmed, SASSA will proceed with clearing the remaining payments from the prior cycle. The payments will be made monthly rather than all at once. No one will receive a payment in excess of once in a given month, even if more than one is made. Until the backlog is cleared, SASSA will make these multiple payments each month. Then, monthly payments will resume.
SASSA Payment Dates for September:
- Older Person’s Grant – From Friday 2nd September
- Disability Grant – From Monday 5th September
- All Other Grants – From Tuesday 6th September
- As soon as the October payment dates are released, we’ll update them.
What is the process for R350 reconsideration after the SASSA Status Check?
- They check the applicants’ personal information and financial situation once more to make sure they are vulnerable people during the reconsideration process. Reconsideration requests are currently being processed slowly because communication with banks and financial institutions is taking longer than expected. Keep in mind that you cannot be receiving any other government support for your COVID-19 response in order to be eligible for the grant.
How do I have my R350 Grant reconsidered?
If you notice that the status of your Covid-19 SRD R350 grant application is “Reapplication Pending,” you should take the following actions to challenge that status:
- Go to the SRD portal: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Click on the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ tab
- Then select ‘Click here to apply for reconsideration’
- Please provide your phone number and ID number.
- Finish the remaining steps to request a review of your payment.
sassa dates are available here
sassa payment dates for february 2024
For more info, click here