UWC Eligibility requirements 2024-2025
Information on the UWC Eligibility Requirements for 2024–2025 is provided in this post.
- You may need to meet different UWC eligibility requirements for the course you want to enroll in. However, the majority of UWC courses require a high school diploma or its equivalent. In addition, to enroll in the majority of UWC courses, you must have a valid passport or visa for your home country.
General Requirements for UWC Admission
Application requirements for the UWC
- requirements for admission to bachelor’s programs: The minimum entrance requirement is the National Senior Certificate (NSC), as recognized by Umalusi, with four subjects chosen from the list of 20-credit NSC subjects below (referred to as the “designated subject list”), and an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate achievement, 50-59 percent or better in each subject).
- Diploma admission requirements: The requirement for admission is a National Senior Certificate, as verified by Umalusi, with a minimum accomplishment level of 3 (moderate achievement, 40–49 percent) or above in four acceptable NSC 20-credit subjects.
- entry requirements for higher certificates: The absolute minimum requirement for admission is a National Senior Certificate from Umalusi.
The Point System To determine how many points applicants receive for admission to a degree- and diploma-granting programs, UWC will use a weighted system, as explained below:
|NSC Level||Percentage||Points for English (*)||Points for Maths or Maths Lit||Points for Life Orientation||Points for each Other Subject|
|less than 20%||0||0||0||0|
(*) – “English” can be interpreted as either a first language or a second language in this context; second additional languages would fall under the heading of “other subjects.”
Click here for more info on the UWC
Academic Courses Offered
- For a list of the UWC’s current academic offerings, please click here. The UWC offers a wide variety of academic programs.
For more info on the school, click here