Western Cape University Postgraduate 2024-2025
Western Cape University Postgraduate 2024-2025
This page aims to inform potential students about Western Cape University Postgraduate 2024–2025. Continue reading to find out more.
- Arts and Humanities
- Community and Health Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Natural Sciences
If you want to pursue an Honours, Master’s, Doctorate, or certification/certificate, visit our Courses page to learn about the full range of postgraduate options available per faculty.
Meanwhile, the UWC Postgraduate Student Guide provides a comprehensive overview of academic and student life at ‘UDubs.’ It also includes a list of all resources and information tailored to the needs of postgraduate students.
To learn more about what UWC has to offer postgraduate students, please see the Postgraduate Student Guide.
Here are the faculty-specific lists of postgraduate programs that we maintain.
Arts and Humanities
- Arts & Humanities offers an intriguing choice of postgraduate studies at the Honours, Master’s, and Doctoral levels throughout its 13 departments.
- The faculty is one of UWC’s top research producers; it is home to a number of highly esteemed researchers and maintains connections with other institutions in Africa and beyond.
Community and Health Sciences
- The Faculty of Community & Health Sciences (CHS), which operates on two campuses, is a faculty for community-based, interprofessional teaching and research in the health and social sciences, with a global reputation for excellence in education and research.
- In addition to its postgraduate offerings across its six departments and three schools, CHS also offers specialized postgraduate programs through its two centers.
- The Faculty of Dentistry, Africa’s biggest dental training school, is a world-class oral health center dedicated to the advancement of oral health through excellence in teaching and learning, service, community participation, and research.
- Clinical care and training activities are also carried out at the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s and Groote Schuur hospitals, the Gugulethu and Mitchell’s Plain Dental Clinics, the Phelophepha Health Trains, and numerous other locations that our mobile dental clinic serves. Our organization’s clinical infrastructure is provided by the Mitchell’s Plain and Tygerberg Academic Oral Health Centres.
Economic and Management Sciences
- With the vision of being the preeminent Economic and Management Sciences Faculty known for its excellence in relevant learning, teaching, and research with the goal of influencing society through critical, engaged, and applied for scholarship.
- Through teaching, learning, and critical scholarly work in the economic and management sciences in the digital age, it aspires to contribute to and have an impact on society’s social, economic, political, and technological development. This mission is reflected in the variety of postgraduate options it offers, which are spread across five departments, two centers, two institutes, two schools, and two units.
- At both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, the Faculty of Natural Sciences offers innovative and relevant learning and teaching programs. We want to foster an environment for students that stimulates intellectual curiosity and debate. Our faculty includes researchers who are recognized as national and international experts in their professions and are actively involved in cutting-edge research. As a faculty, we are dedicated to conducting research that is not only relevant to the needs and difficulties of our local communities and our country as a whole but also has a global influence.
- The faculty offers master’s and doctoral degree programs in numerous scientific fields at the postgraduate level, in addition to 12 honors degrees, one postgraduate diploma, and several master’s and doctoral programs.
- The UWC Law Faculty was founded as an independent faculty in 1979 and has a rich history of fighting apartheid while also providing quality legal education. Many of its previous employees and alumni have had and continue to hold high-level positions in academia, the judiciary, parliament, the executive, the legal profession, and business.
- There are roughly 2400 students on the faculty, with approximately 80 doctorate students and 280 master’s students. The faculty has the expertise to supervise doctoral degrees in a variety of legal areas, and it also offers specialized master’s degrees in law in a variety of fields. The faculty also provides two postgraduate diplomas, each of which accepts roughly 50 new students each year.
- At the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, the Faculty of Education now provides a diverse range of professional and academic programs. These programs are intended to help students in teaching and associated professions enhance their intellectual, academic, and professional capacities.
- They consist of adult education, higher education, vocational education, and pre-service and in-service teacher education. Included are curriculum studies, comparative education, educational psychology, sociology of education, educational leadership and management, language education, science and math education, and policy studies.
For more info on the school, click here